
Today is our David's 28th birthday!! I am getting really sentimental about some of the memories I have of him. Being our perfect first-born, when he was 6 months old we decided this parenthood thing was so good we should have another :). Well it took a while and we really enjoyed him all by himself for a while.
One thing I remember him doing was always asking about things. I didn't really have to worry about him getting into trouble because if he came across something new he would ask what it was.
I remember him saying da with three different pronunciations; long a for david, short a for dad and shwa a for dog (our dog was named Dixie).
He said "MacMacDonalds Aunt Dawette (Charlotte)"
I have a tape somewhere with his voice at bedtime telling little brother Ryan about monsters on the floor of their bedroom! I would never have guessed this perfect little boy had that in him!!!
I remember him being Student of the Month in September when he was in Kindergarten.
I remember him winning the class spelling bee and going to Arizona Christian Schools to compete against other first graders, second graders, and third graders (I can't remember what year he didnt go and who beat him out). In first grade he went out on the word vane, or was it vein, or vain? Poor 6-year old :(
I remember senior year baseball when he said, "I just want to play baseball!" I was hurting so badly for him because he had been in a car accident and couldn't finish the soccer season and now because he was getting a C in honors English he was ineligible to finish the playoffs with his team and his brother. I am sure he learned something wonderful because I know God has a plan for everything, but I was really sad at the time.
Now he is this wonderful young man who has made his parents so proud of him.
God Bless you David!!! We love you very much!!!
I love this post. Sorry it took me so long to look at it......I, also, remember David being perfect! We loved spending time with him and he made us want a baby of our own! He is kind, gentle, considerate and just plain loveable!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Charlotte for all you've done to help us raise him!! Remember how he loved Hannah when she was little?
ReplyDelete